Flowers

My family loves flowers.

In my childhood my mom used to plant many in our garden. At first, I did not pay much attention to them. However, once I did, their beauty was hard to ignore.

Indeed, flowers are one of the most beautiful things in nature.

So, my goal with the “Beauty shall set us free” series being the promotion of beauty, I decided to collect a few photos from the internet of bright flowers and tree blossoms.

They are all full of color and beauty. I hope they make your day be a bit more pleasant and full of joy.

So, what are your favorite flowers?

You have reached the end of this article. Thank you for reading! If you liked this article, please share it with your friends or leave a reply down below! And if you would love to read more articles like this one, you can subscribe to the weekly Young Meets Free newsletter.

Follow Young Meets Free on WordPress.com

12 Comments, RSS

1. pinsforthewins December 19, 2017 @ 6:43 PM

Hydrangeas are my favorite flowers! I grew up the same way with a family that always had flowers around. I never paid attention to how much they brightened up a space until I moved and they no longer were around all the time.

• blago

blago December 19, 2017 @ 6:47 PM

Exactly. You realize how cool flowers are only once you no longer have any around!

• blago

blago December 19, 2017 @ 6:48 PM

Incidentally, I just looked up “hydrangeas” and remembered we had some of those at home, actually. Great choice 🙂

• Borderline Backpackers December 20, 2017 @ 4:00 AM

I agree! My family always had a garden full of flowers and hanging plants. It took me a while to figure out what was missing from my home when I first moved out!

2. Ko December 19, 2017 @ 8:59 PM

How can anyone pick a favorite?
    Have you looked into the meanings of flowers? Most flowers have Greek legends attached to them. It might not be something you’re into. If so, it’s for sure worth the Google.

• blago

blago December 20, 2017 @ 5:10 AM

Oh, I remember that flowers had meanings attached to them, yes! I should look them up.

In my country we have traditions around the parity of flowers in a bouquet, odd = happy occasions (e.g. a date), even = sad (e.g. funeral). I got no idea if this is universal at all haha

• Ko December 20, 2017 @ 5:13 AM

I haven’t heard of that in the United States! I’ll be sure to remember it when making arrangements. ☺️

3. dotluvs2write December 19, 2017 @ 9:43 PM

Tulips! Nice photos. 🙂

4. Borderline Backpackers December 20, 2017 @ 4:00 AM

Tulips are my favourite. I hope to see the tulip fields in the Netherlands one day!

5. nurfasri December 20, 2017 @ 10:32 AM

Cherry blossom and sunflowers are my favorites. Tulips are on my top lists to ❤

6. kateshiru December 21, 2017 @ 3:04 PM

Don’t have any favourite flowers, I don’t know much about them. But they sure are pretty

7. justshowup14 December 23, 2017 @ 4:45 PM

All of these are very pleasing, but especially the sixth one from the top, with the orange flower and blue background. What’s the name of this particular flower?